BEST PAPER AWARD
Best Research Paper Award
Dr. Glenn G. Sparks
Best Student Paper Award
Mr. Philip Onguny
University of Montreal
CONFERENCE TO BE HELD IN
Global Science and Technology Forum
"At the Crossroads of Communication, Journalism, Media, Corporate and Social Responsibility"
The media industry, in many respects, is at a crossroads as it seeks to come to terms with developments in technology that simultaneously allow new heights of journalistic excellence, as well as the emergence of more worrying trends such as "fake" journalism.
In this digital age, communication ethics - the codes, moral standards and values followed by media organizations and in human communication, are more significant than ever before. Therefore, we need to explore how media can be socially responsible and provide true, accurate, comprehensive and objective information, and try to resolve the conflict between communication freedom, public interest and social impact.
Keynote Address will be delivered by: Prof. Gary E. Swanson
Mildred S. Hansen Endowed Chair
Journalism and Mass Communication
University of Northern Colorado - Greeley, USA
Keynote Address will be delivered by: Dr. Michelle Behr
||Dean of the College of Humanities and Social Sciences
University of Northern Colorado
• The Conference Proceedings (Print ISSN: 2301-3710, E-Periodical ISSN: 2301-3729) will be indexed by EBSCO, CrossRef, ProQuest and will be submitted to Scopus,ScienceDirect and Cabell's Directories amongst others, where applicable.
• Best Paper Awards and Best Student Paper Awards will be conferred at the conference (in order to qualify for the award, the paper must be presented at the conference).
• Journal: Depending on their importance, originality, quality, relevance and other editorial considerations, eligible research articles will be invited for publication in the GSTF Journal on Media & Communications (JMC) (Print ISSN: 2335-6618, E-periodical: 2335-6626) which is indexed by EBSCO, CrossRef and ProQuest.
• JMComm 2013 will also constitute a Special Panel Session.
• Panel Proposals are invited for submission to the JMComm 2013. A minimum of three papers centering on a specific topic will be accepted for submission under Panel Category.
GSTF PARTNER UNIVERSITIES
JMComm 2013 PARTNER UNIVERSITY
JMComm 2013 PARTNER ASSOCIATIONS